Are you ready to get off the hamster wheel?
Breakthrough Fitness is currently organizing walks and hikes through the Dunkirk Fitness Meetup Group which we sponsor. Many of these events are free. To receive notification of walks, hikes, and other fitness events, register for the meetup group.
There are many scenic, convenient places to walk and hike in Calvert, Prince George’s, and Anne Arundel Counties. Some of the places we will walk or hike include:
- Boardwalk – North Beach
- Chesapeake Beach Railway Trail
- Brownie’s Beach – Chesapeake Beach
- Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary and Glendening Nature Preserve – Lothian
- Rosaryville State Park – Upper Marlboro
- Patuxent River Park (Jug Bay Natural Area) – Upper Marlboro/Croom
- Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary – Upper Marlboro/Croom
- American Chestnut Land Trust – Prince Frederick
- Smithsonian Environmental Research Center – Edgewater
Walking and Hiking are best for: Clients who want to meet other fitness-minded people in the community; those who like exercising outdoors.